Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is my independent variable & dependent variable?

I am doing a science fair project my questions is "which beach works best" I bought 2 bleaches a dollar store brand one %26amp; Clorox. I bought 2 shirts %26amp; have equally gotten them dirty by placing stains of the same substance on both in the same area. Now I just need to figure our what it my independent variable, dependent variable and my controlled variables. HELP PLEASE!What is my independent variable %26amp; dependent variable?
Independent variable is a variable that you manipulate (brand type)



Dependent variable is a variable that you are measuring.



Control variable - I think that's a variable you that are trying to keep constant/control somehow, so that it doesn't affect the results.

What did you keep constant (shirt type?)



You want your independent variable, not the control variable, to have an effect on your dependent variable.What is my independent variable %26amp; dependent variable?
dep.-amount/number of stains removed

ind-amount poured (bleach)



im not sure since i dont know what exactly ur looking for. remeber that dependant variable varies directly to independant. meaning that u can change the independent, but the only why u can change the dependent is by changing the independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment