Friday, January 20, 2012

What is the independent variable of this experiment?

I am "experimenting" if a certain brand of tire is going to last up to 33,000 miles. I have set up the experiment where I will drive a car with the tire on different road conditions (straight, curvy and rocky) for 33,000 miles in each condition. I will also be comparing that tire to another popular brand tire (lets say, Goodyear) and drive THAT tire on different types of roads to 33,000 and compare the result with my experimental tire.



What is my independent variable (experimental groups), and control? What is the dependent variable then?



Please help. Thank you!What is the independent variable of this experiment?
The independent variable for each tire would be the terrain, because you are controlling the terrain you're driving it on. The dependent variable would be the results.What is the independent variable of this experiment?
The independent variable would be the brand of tires because that is the one thing you are changing.



The dependent variable is the distance.
  • acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment