Thursday, December 29, 2011

What is the definition of independent variable and dependent variable?

I would like to know what an independent variable is.


And what a dependent variable.


Please help.|||Independent variables answer the question "What do I change


Dependent variables answer the question "What do I observe


Controlled variables answer the question "What do I keep the same|||i get it now!

Report Abuse


|||Actually, an independent variable are variables that change during an experiment, and a dependent variable is a variable that changes as a result of change in the independent variable. For ex. Say your at a race, the runner's abilites is the independent because they differ and the finish times are

Report Abuse


|||the dependent because thats a result of the independent variable. Dependent depends on the independent variable.

Report Abuse


|||omg i totally get it now


science is not my best subject


thanx alot

Report Abuse


|||thanks if this is rightttt, ? :) Homework. :P

Report Abuse


|||I'm not quite sure about a dependent variable, but an independent variable is a variable that may affect the results of an experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment